Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone and follow these steps:
- Select ‘Scan a QR code‘.
- Allow Microsoft Authenticator to access your camera, if asked.
Now, on your computer, click the button below to open the security page for your Microsoft account. Sign in if asked.
Follow these steps:
- Select ‘Add method‘.
- Choose ‘Authenticator app‘.
- Click next until you see the QR code.
- With your phone, point the camera at the QR code. Be sure to line it up correctly or it may not scan.
- Once your phone says the account was set up successfully and you see the account in the app, click ‘Next‘ on your computer.
- You should receive a notification on your phone. Select ‘Approve‘.
- (optional) Add your cell phone number as a backup and click next to complete the process.