The Convenience of VoIP Phones
Working from home can be an enjoyable and relaxing environment, thus improving the morale of employees. However, one of the challenges of working from home is working physically apart from your colleagues. You and your colleagues do not have the convenience of consulting immediately while on the job. At the end of the day, there is more of a possibility of miscommunication when it is through email and you cannot see the other person’s body language.
A solution to this communication issue is using Voice over Internet Protocol phones. VoIP uses the Internet to transmit a variety of data from audio, video, photo, file, and more. This allows for employees away from the office to communicate in real time at anytime. One major benefit to using VoIP is that it is affordable because any calls or videos are sent through the Internet which is free. Due to VoIP’s flexibility, it is very easy to downsize or expand as needed.
3 important tips when picking a VoIP phone system:
1. Use a hosted VoIP system that is in the cloud because of easier access for remote access with employees in different locations.
2. Make sure your provider has a mobile app. The reasoning for a mobile app is that workers on the road do not have to be in front of their desktop, their calls can go directly your cell phone if desired.
3. Get a system that uses a Virtual Private Network (VPN) that allows other users to connect safely and securely through the Internet. A VPN is great for remote users because workers can share and send data securely while on a public WiFi network.
Why you should choose DIS:
- 24/7 unlimited free support
- Free replacements of any VoIP phones (damaged, stolen, etc.)
- Free installation of phones
- Up to 70% of savings on your current phone bill